All businesses wants to stand out by ranking well when a potential customer or client does an online search. Local search is now becoming the normal way potential customers and clients find a business to purchase services and goods from. Actually over 65% of prospective customers and clients search on the internet to find local products or services.
Reviews, in my opinion would be the major tie breaker for local search listings. Things being equal more reviews, from more sources may help put your listing at the very top while keeping it there. Additionally, it can catapult your listing into the top where it previously had not been found. Google loves to see there is interest in a business through the community. Additionally potential prospects want to see reviews as the number one factor for most people is the thing that other existing customers need to say about a business or service.
Typically hospitality businesses and service providers will typically curently have citations in various locations round the Internet. Here are among the directories where you will find reviews:
· Insider Pages
· Online Directory
· Ask Business Search
· InfoUSA Sales Solutions
· Judy’s Book
· Angie’s List
In most cases they are legitimate reviews left by actual customers. In some industries you will find marketing service providers that generate user reviews. I was told by a dentist their competitor used this type of company to generate tons of reviews. Furthermore, i know some businesses contract with companies who go offshore (Philippine Islands mostly) and possess reviews artificially generated.
For new businesses and independent professionals you should establish a intend to generate reviews. Ask your friends to help get the ball rolling. Ask existing customers if they can help. Offer new customers an incentive if they leave an overview. Make it easy to allow them to do this, provide specific links and instructions. Offering an added bonus like a Starbucks gift card, a price reduction on future business will all help your time and energy. Be cautious though, don’t bunch reviews up simultaneously, space them out. It seems odd if you get ten reviews one day and none for the following two months.
Citations can also be like backlinks. Links in sites that have your small business contact details also help the cause. Mentions in local newsletters, event calendars, media sites (radio, newspaper, and TV) will create backlinks and citation mention to your small business listing.
Some important considerations within your review strategy:
· Obtaining Reviews Through the Major Directories- A list above covers most of the major search directories. There are likely smaller ones serving regions or individual cities. Because I mentioned if you have a hospitality business (restaurant, bar, hotel, etc.) then you certainly likely already have reviews.
· Local Citations- Websites that serve the local community like media, Chamber of Commerce, city guides and the like could have mention of your small business or service. Make sure they may have accurate links to you and make contact with information.
· Reviews searching Engine Listings- The major search engine small business listings permit you to leave reviews. It is really an simple and easy , convenient spot to leave reviews should you be not within the hospitality or contracting business.
· Customer Reviews at 3rd Party Websites- There might be hundreds of these in almost any locale. They could also include local blogs. Again, make sure your mention contains accurate location information.
· Positive Customer Ratings- Oddly enough it seems that it will not really matter if the reviews are excellent, bad or indifferent. This only applies regarding the success or failure from the listing, not too customer’s thought of your business.
Time spent on cultivating reviews will lead to big dividends during your search presence and success. Check out the number of the first couple of local listings have. That will be your target to beat! Local search engine listings employ NAP, i.e. Name, Address and Contact number- as being a yardstick for accuracy and consistency to validate local business owners. It is crucial to ensure that even the smallest piece of data offered here aligns inside the perfect fashion. As an entrepreneur you will need to actually are avoiding even most seemingly negligible mistake which may hurt your citation.
For example, if you’re running “Bowie’s Confectionery” and enlisting (within the local directories) yourself as “Bowies’ Confectionery” then you certainly have your registration wrong. It’s your NAP which differentiates your small business from that relating to others. You can jolly well imagine the quantity of confectioneries doing business in your area. Most of them are iythcm of the importance of local search engine optimization. As a result, they may be registering in directories also. It’s your own name, Address and Phone that gives your small business its true identity- often lets your prospects differentiate your business from those of others. So, you are unable to afford to fail there.
It ought to be ensured your NAP is consistent across all local directories. There is not any room for different names, addresses and phone numbers in different directories. You should place the right name, address and contact number on the first directory and sustain it across all directories. There is absolutely no room for errors in terms of spellings, numbers as well as single alphabets in local citation. The Neighborhood Seo Agency that you are hiring, should be knowledgeable of this specific factor.